ClimateTrade is the world’s first blockchain-based climate marketplace: we support companies looking to offset their carbon emissions on the one hand, and project developers in need of financing on the other.
How we do it: by aggregating blockchain trust and transparency to carbon markets, allowing them to reach the scale needed to make a real impact against climate change.
Every carbon credit on the ClimateTrade marketplace is generated by certified sustainable projects and is fully traceable. This gives companies the comfort of knowing that their offset contributions finance high-integrity climate mitigation projects, and increases the amount of liquidity available for those projects.
We are a visionary company aiming to have an exponential positive impact on the planet and all its inhabitants, and we are growing fast!
*CVs to be sent in English
What do we need?
We are looking for an In-House Carbon Offset Trader to be part of our team. S/he will be working in a very agile and dynamic environment, in a newly created team with the opportunity to be the lead on our trading department (voluntary and mandatory carbon market).
Below, some more detailed tasks:
-Responsible for the trading on the mandatory carbon market
- Developing relationships with new clients as well as maintaining a strong portfolio across the global space.
- Stay up to date with regulatory changes in the market. Analyze trends in the market including counterparty research to produce accurate forecasts so as to maximize profit through business development
- Sourcing to match demand for relevant certificates in the EU ETS mandatory Carbon Offset markets.
- Lead the initial set-up phase to establish trade execution capabilities.
- Understand client needs and provide tailored solutions in collaboration with our sustainability and sales/account experts.
- Prepare proposals for carbon offsetting
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for Carbon Offsets when required in client meetings, conferences, and other corporate events.
- Supporting our Sales teams through training on Carbon Offset markets
- Perform additional tasks related to the overall Sustainability service offering.
What will you bring?
- Master’s degree within finance, economy and/or energy/environmental studies with economic profile.
-5+ years of experience in carbon and/or environmental products markets
- Experience in Trading on the mandatory carbon market
- Excellent Communication and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of renewable energy certificate markets
- Ability to quickly understand complex requests and transform them into trade opportunities
- Strong interest in sustainability and environmental market mechanisms
- Instinct for business
- Attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to look for growth opportunities for the company
- Team player who excels at performing in a collaborative environment, upbeat and positive
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working conditions
- An opportunity to make a difference and have a direct impact on climate change
- The support of a passionate, talented and hands-on team