Responsibilities and Key Duties:
- You will work as part of a multi-functional Technology Team with a focus on DevOps to increase the productivity of workspace in our software production.
- This is a new and key role in our Technology Team, and as a leader in this domain, you will be responsible for the DevOps workflows and toolchains including the Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) processes for the UML software implementation lifecycle, including the following tasks:
- Understanding stakeholders needs and convey them to developers and engineers.
- Assessing and building new development tools and infrastructure.
- Assessing and creating mechanisms to improve efficiency and quality into the CI/CD processes, including automated testing and software updates/distributions.
- Assessing and ensuring systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Supporting activities’ planning for project and programme management processes.
- Supporting and training software developers and engineers to adopt these practices.
- To work independently and with the team to define and deliver the CI/CD and DevOps methodology.
- To support the integration and deployment of software and robotic solutions in commercial environments and research frameworks, from the CI/CD perspective.
- To keep up to date with state-of-the-art tools, technologies, and solutions in the domain to bring novel ideas into the Company’s infrastructure vision, roadmap, and implementations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor and/or Master in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in software implementation in complex environments, and a minimum of 5 years as DevOps engineer or similar software engineering role.
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows as well as project/application management such as Jira.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in DevOps tools, CI/CD systems and automation testing frameworks such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, TestOps, Gradle, Selenium and Nagios.
- Strong knowledge and experience in development environments such as Kubernetes and Docker, as well as programming languages such as C/C++ and Phyton in Linux environments.
- Excellent teamworking, collaborative spirit and communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, time management and organisational skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience as DevOps Engineer in robotics technologies and sector.
- Experience developing engineering applications and products for a large corporation.
Start Date: ASAP
Where: Barcelona, Spain
Remuneration: Competitive salary dependent upon experience plus benefits.
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
How to apply
Please apply by sending your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, both documents are mandatory. It is encouraged to apply ASAP as candidates are being processed until vacancy is fulfilled.
IMPORTANT – When applying please clearly specify your nationality and if you believe you will need an authorization, visa, or other paperwork to live and work in Barcelona, Spain.
About Unmanned Life: Unmanned Life is a global multi-award winning deep tech start-up. Our core IP is the world’s first 5G and AI enabled software platform which can deploy and manage at scale, integrated swarms of different types of robotic devices (UAV, AGV etc.) of varied capabilities, working together autonomously to deliver commercial grade autonomous solutions for the Industry 4.0 and Smart Cities market sectors.
Our Mission is to become the Go-To Software Platform for Seamless Orchestration of Autonomous Robotics.
Unmanned Life enjoys strong relations with a number of major Fortune 500 partners and clients with opportunities in multiple geographies (Europe, USA & Middle East). We are a growing company with offices in London and Barcelona.
About the team: Unmanned Life is a start up with a fast growing, highly talented team (punching well above our weight) of over 9+ nationalities, educated at the world’s top schools in their respective disciplines with experience in deep tech and emerging technologies such as 5G, Cloud Computing, AI, Robotics, Autonomy as well as Business Leadership, Management and Sales in some of the world’s leading companies. We are the 2018 winners of the UK National Technology Award (and numerous others). We have existing projects, pilots, and strategic partnerships with household technology, telco and logistics players and industry behemoths such as Deutsche Telekom, Walmart, BT, Verizon, Nokia, SEAT, Telefonica & City of Vienna to name a few. Our diverse team is highly motivated and unites on our mission to become the go to software platform for the seamless orchestration of autonomous robotics. To find out more visit: https://unmanned.life/