Who we are?
Citibeats is the fastest and most efficient social intelligence and text analytics platform in the market. Citibeats organizes unstructured data via natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning. Our platform allows for the gathering of relevant information in changing social contexts, which permits public organizations and financial institutions to react more quickly and efficiently to the needs of citizens.
Leading financial institutions in Spain and different public organizations like the Ministry of Infrastructure in Japan, the city of Dublin, Tokio Marine and international partners like NTT Data, Accenture and Telefónica, among others, already trust in the Citibeats solution.
Citibeats has received prestigious recognition like the United Nations; World Summit Awards, the “Best Artificial Intelligence for Governments” by COGx and winner of NTT Data’s “Open Innovation Contest “in Japan.
About the position
As our Head of Data Science, your job will be to coordinate the Data Science team, define the stages and goals of the different paths of data science research, and bring state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies to take our product to the next level. You will be the go-to person for everything involving Data Science research.
If you’re motivated to see your work applied by some of the world’s leading organizations battling the health and social impacts of coronavirus, helping inform the distribution of funding in developing countries, or investing in new infrastructure according to citizens’ needs, this role could be for you.
Leading the Data Science team to deliver fast, reliable and impactful projects.
Defining and achieving the Data Science Roadmap of the company.
Providing advice to multidisciplinary teams with Product, Engineering and Sales on how Data Science can be instrumental to achieve goals, but also let them know about limitations and when a positive impact is not to be expected.
Building and managing the AI team, including hiring Data Science talent for the team and the wellbeing of the people in it.
Understanding business needs and product units to identify the analytical support that best meets those needs.
Participating in strategy definition.
Bringing state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies.Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
Your qualifications (The minimal requirements are):
Bachelor's/Master's/PhD in STEM (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent professional experience.
● 5 years of proven experience in a Data Science position, preferably using machine learning and/or NLP.
● 2 years of experience leading data science teams.Fluent level of Spanish and English.Skills:Deep understanding of fundamentals of probability and statistics.
● A broad knowledge of machine learning, NLP, experiment design and the data science workflow (data management, model evaluation and interpretability, end-to-end deployment).
● Excellent knowledge of data science tools, including Python, SQL and toolkits such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy or similar; and deep learning libraries such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras or similar.
● Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirableHighly proficient and experienced in scripting languages and have rapid prototyping skills.
● Experience mentoring and nurturing data scientists.
● Ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions to non-technical audiences.
● Ability to identify key performance indicators and provide quantitative support for business decisions.
● Ability to achieve results in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
● Proactive and decisive attitude that ‘make things happen’.
● Big picture thinking - correctly diagnosing problems and productionising research.
● Ability to prioritize and to differentiate important from urgent.
You may be a good fit if you have previous experience or an interest in developing your knowledge in any of the following skills (not all required):
● Using data for social purposes.
● Data representativity and bias reduction.
● Word/sentence embeddings.
● Intent detection.
● Leading indicators or predictive models.Unstructured content.
● Social media data.
● Languages or linguistics.
● Used to SaaS development environments.
● Full-time position based in Barcelona.
● 6 months trial period + permanent contract.