Based in beautiful, sunny Barcelona, we are a disruptive Legal-Tech SaaS start-up specialised in personal data protection compliance.
Our mission is clear: ‘Simplifying Personal Data Protection with Automation’. With our intuitive and visual solution, companies can manage their UK and EU GDPR compliance without complications, reducing time invested while still being able to manage large volumes of data and complex processes.
We are a young, international, and friendly team that are used to working in a digital environment. At Pridatect, you’ll find a highly motivated group of people, where all opinions and ideas are welcome. We enjoy a great atmosphere, with collaboration between individuals and teams being vital.
What will be your responsibilities on a normal day?
You will be responsible for supporting and monitoring global data protection and security compliance for a growing number of clients, primarily in the UK market. The role aims to oversee and drive compliance readiness projects for customers from a variety of sectors. This can include tasks such as completing data protection impact assessments, legitimate interest assessments, conducting gap analysis’, managing breach notifications etc. You will also be involved with supporting the client’s customer, partner and vendor contract issues related to data protection (DPAs, application of SCCs etc).
What we are looking for:
An individual with a legal background who understands global privacy laws, with a focus on UK / EU GDPR. We are looking for a motivated and intelligent professional to join our international team.
● Managing global privacy data protection and security compliance
● Analysing, maintaining, and updating existing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current laws and regulations
● Monitoring new or changing privacy laws and oversees compliance implementation planning
● Responsible for client compliance with all applicable global privacy laws, with a focus on the UK legislation
● Contribute to the development and implementation of new features on our platform
● Work autonomously and independently
● Take full responsibility for ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction
● Law degree
● Specialised knowledge on the European GDPR, UK GDPR
o Preferable: knowledgeable on UK Data Protection Act 2018, PECR 2003
● Ability to concentrate, analyse, and resolve complex problems
● Specialised knowledge on US data privacy: CCPA, HIPAA etc valuable
● Able to thrive in a start-up environment—you move quickly & think strategically
● Excellent written & verbal communication skills
● Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
● Native English / High C1 - C2+ professional
● Additional: fluency in other European language (Spanish, Catalan, German etc) would be a plus, but is not required
What we offer in exchange?
● Leaders who care and value the role you play in the company’s success
● A learning culture with individualized development plans that focus on personal and professional growth
● A fun and fast-paced start-up environment with cool people and frequent team building opportunities
● Friday reduced working hours (+ the month of August)
● A sunny office based in the centre of Barcelona