🤔 Short Description: Deal with accounting, receivables, and provide support to our clients in their daily use of our employer dashboard.
🏌️♂️ Three Core Skills: (i) proactive (ii) organised (iii) sense of urgency and ability to multitask
😎 One Requirement: attention to details
🗣 Language Requirements: native Spanish + fluent English
📌 Location: Spain (Madrid preferred, Barcelona is OK)
😀 Start date: ASAP
And what makes Payflow unique?
The 21st century is the start of the on-demand revolution. Booking an Uber takes 2 seconds from your phone. Ordering a Glovo takes 5 seconds. Starting your favourite series takes an instant on your TV. And now, accessing your salary can be the same.
Payflow’s mission is simple - we aim to bring financial wellbeing to everybody through financial education and access to fair and socially responsible financial products - offering employees the revolutionary social benefit that allows them to access their earned wages instantly, rather than waiting until payday.
Ok, but what does it mean to be an OPS AND FINANCE ASSOCIATE?
Our Ops and Finance Associate will be part of an international team (more than 15 nationalities). You will work directly with and report directly to both our VP of Finance (ex-BCG) and our VP of Ops (ex-AT Kearney).
During the month, we effectively loan money to our users as they get paid on-demand. At the end of the month, their companies pay us back. As our Ops and Finance Associate, you will be the #1 owner of this process. This is a crucial process in the company and in order to carry-out this function well, you’ll need to show analytical skills (monitoring finances) but also communication skills (client interaction).
More specifically, some of the key tasks are:
- Create meaningful relationships with the Payroll Technicians and HR Directors at our corporate clients, we expect you to keep their satisfaction high but also are able to create enough presence so that they follow our rules and processes
- Manage the cash flow of the company. Ensure that payments and transfers are made in a timely manner. You’ll need to handle the reconciliations and the preparation of statements on a monthly basis. You’ll need to make sure funds flow between our accounts on-time and stay alert to make sure there is enough money in each of our accounts. You’ll be the #1 responsible person to ensure we do not lose sight of any of our money
- Show control over accounting and financial statements. You will be permanently exposed to run the receivables of our company, you will be expected to show great attention to detail when carrying-out processes such as reconciliations
- Own our billing and revenue collection processes. Ensuring our revenue arrives in a timely manner every month and that we receive the right amounts is critical for the operations of our company
- Control our repayments. Every month, we loan hundreds of thousands of € to our clients, and we need to get this money back. You will work with our Operations department to ensure that no money is lost. The livelihood of the company depends on you
- Occasionally bring analytical support to the VP of Finance or the VP of Opson interesting analyses that may come up
In short, to be our next Ops and Finance Associate you need to do quality work and pay attention to details. The role consists of taking care of the accounting and finance part of the startup, and everything that that involves. You will be directly mentored by top talent.
What do we offer?
- Full-time contract with competitive salary (€22k) + variable compensation (€6k)
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and be one of the first 50 employees. There is plenty of room for personal and professional development.
- A clear career plan so that if you perform well, you can get promoted
- Be part of one of first 5 start-ups in Spain to be part of Y-Combinator and help us to continue in hyper growth mode, in Spain and beyond
- Work-in-person at our lovely offices in Madrid or Barcelona (1 day per week remote)
- Employee benefits: Netflix/Hbo/Spotify/Apple Arcade/Xbox and many others to choose from!
- Employee benefits: All of our products (Payflow, Learnflow, Saveflow and Flexflow)
- The opportunity to collaborate building Payflow's brand and express your personality
- The opportunity to learn a lot. If you are ambitious and like winning, there is no better place to grow and improve.
- A young and ambitious team that knows when to work but also when to have fun (company events, weekly lunches, beers😀🍻, etc.
- Off-site events to celebrate with full Spain team (i.e. ‘Retreats’) every quarter
Sounds cool! What are we looking for?
More than everything else, we are looking for someone excited to join us in reaching our challenging objective. We are working hard to reach our goals, and we expect you to do the same!
In details, here the key skills we would love to hear from you:
- 1+ years of experience
- Previous experience in roles with heavy client interaction (e.g. Customer Success) or heavy experience in working with numbers (e.g. Audit)
- Sense of urgency and ability to multitask
- Comfort in the startup environment (i.e., sometimes chaotic and lacking structure) and able to create structure and foundational accounting processes
- Willingness to learn and constantly improve! 🔥
We are building a company based on these values, and we want you to know them in advance!