About the role
Under the guidance of your line manager and other senior members of the Technology team:
- You will work as part of a multi-functional Technology team on a range of solutions for autonomous systems including drones and ground mobile robotics gaining practical and in field experience like no other.
- You will support the team to design and implement software functionality, to create innovative and complex systems and solutions to address the challenges faced by our customers.
- You will conduct thorough software and system testing to ensure quality of delivery as well as adherence to company practices and standards.
- You will integrate and deploy the software and robotic solutions in commercial environments and research frameworks, as well as contributing to validation and commissioning campaigns.
- You will need to keep up to date with state-of-the-art research outcomes in the field to bring novel ideas to Company’s technology implementations
- You will be a team player who is able to collaborate throughout the development process and ensure that software meets real-world usage scenarios.
- To support the design and, develop the software platform and products.
- To test and verify the functionality in coordination with the team and in close communication with 3rd party software and hardware providers and partners.
- To professionally document the software and use the code configuration management correctly.
- To process, assess, synthesise information including preparation of technical documentation, with problem diagnostics and technical analyses to the team.
- To participate in team development processes as well as contributing towards improvements.
- Good knowledge and skills in Software Engineering in the context of robotics, control and navigation algorithms and systems, sensors and data, AI and machine learning methods and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge and skill with Linux and/or real-time OS systems.
- Knowledge and experience with ROS, C++ and Python development in Linux environment.
- Knowledge and experience of best practises and coding standards as well as use of common documentation tools such as Doxygen.
- Ability to work and liaise in a multi-cultural and international team.
- Effective time and work organizational skills.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- A valued experience of working under different Software Development Life Cycles including Agile and waterfall methodologies, Scrum method and
Bachelors, Masters or PhDs in computer science, engineering, robotics, mechatronics or equivalent.
Start Date: ASAP
Where: Barcelona, Spain
Salary range: €1300 gross per month
How to apply
Please apply by sending your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT – When applying please clearly specify your nationality and if you believe you will need an authorization, visa or other paper work to live and work in Barcelona.
About Unmanned Life: Unmanned Life is a global multi-award winning deep tech startup. Our core IP is the world’s first 5G and AI enabled software platform which can deploy and manage at scale, integrated swarms of different types of robotic devices (UAV, AGV etc.) of varied capabilities, working together autonomously to deliver commercial grade autonomous solutions for the Industry 4.0 and Smart Cities market sectors.
Our Mission is to become the Go-To Software Platform for Seamless Orchestration of Autonomous Robotics.
Unmanned Life enjoys strong relations with a number of major Fortune 500 partners and clients with opportunities in multiple geographies (Europe, USA & Middle East). We are a growing company with offices in London, Brussels and Barcelona.
About the team: Unmanned Life is a start up with a small but highly talented team (punching well above our weight) of over 9+ nationalities, educated at the world’s top schools in their respective disciplines with experience in deep tech and emerging technologies such as 5G, Cloud Computing, AI, Robotics, Autonomy as well as Business Leadership, Management and Sales in some of the world’s leading companies. We are the 2018 winners of the UK National Technology Award (and numerous others). We have existing projects, pilots, and strategic partnerships with household technology, telco and logistics players and industry behemoths such as Deutsche Telekom, Walmart, BT, Verizon, Nokia, SEAT, Telefonica & City of Vienna to name a few.
Our diverse team is highly motivated and unites on our mission to become the go to software platform for the seamless orchestration of autonomous robotics. To find out more visit: https://unmanned.life/