At Voicemod, they've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using their revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, their team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on their quest to push the boundaries of how they interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: they genuinely and deeply care about their people and their users. They’ve created a culture and products that they’re proud of and now they’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help them shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will partner with stakeholders to design and conduct UX research studies that bring forward new insights and drive product innovation. You will advocate for their customers and evangelize your findings to senior executives, stakeholders, and team members. Also, you will help the team scale their research influence by empowering the broader UX and product teams through guidance and tools for self-service research. Ultimately, your most important mission is to ensure that they’re doing what’s right for their customers.
What you'll do
- Define, plan, and conduct user research to help better understand customer expectations, problems, needs and motivations
- Partner with cross-disciplinary product teams including product management, data science, design, engineering, user support and marketing to ensure customers’ voice is represented across the product cycle
- Contribute to research team strategy within the organization
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Deliver compelling and timely insights. Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to the product and design teams
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on their mixed-methods user research practice
- Take a holistic view of their understanding of their users and their behavior, and proactively identify gaps and opportunities for new research
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigors and data curiosity to drive tangible business impact
What you'll need
- 4+ years of experience in applied UX product research in the Industry
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, or a related field OR equivalent practical/industry experience
- A strong research portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: study plans, reports)
- Passion and demonstrated skill in observing and understanding human behavior and insights - fundamentally translating ideas, needs, and requests into researchable questions in a rigorous and valid way
- Experience with scoping, planning, and executing research
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and tradeoffs of using different qualitative and quantitative research methods including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Proficiency in distilling research into actionable narratives through creative and compelling frameworks and using engaging storytelling with cross-functional partners to drive impact
- Relevant experience spanning qualitative and quantitative user-centered research methods (e.g., interviewing, ethnography, surveys, co-design, concept-testing, etc.)
- You can work with minimal direction and are capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You will work on overlapping projects, so you are are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from their office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Holidays: 26 vacation days (23 + 24th & 31st of December and your birthday off!)
- One week off in August for the entire company
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package plus performance bonus (up to 15%)
- Remote stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
👥 Putting people first
💪 Being brave
🗽 Showing ownership & accountability
🤝 Being honest & transparent
🎨 Being creative and having fun
🌟 Mastering their craft